Why does my booking request need to be approved?
How does the waitlist work?
What is a hybrid workshop?
How do I get the Zoom link for a virtual workshop?
What equipment do I need for a virtual workshop?
You don’t need any special recording equipment to attend! Make sure you have the latest free version of Zoom downloaded to your computer, tablet or smart phone and that your device is charged. If you don’t have an external mic you want to use, the built-in camera and mic on your device are perfectly fine.
I purchased a workshop video from the shop but didn’t download it before the link expired. What do I do?
How do I get the recordings from a workshop I attended?
How do I redeem my Groupon voucher?
- your Groupon voucher/redemption number (the one without dashes)
- the date you’d like to attend (available dates can be found here)
- whether you’ll be attending in person or online
How do I use my Ongoing workshop credits?
- Login to the voicer portal here.
- Click on New Booking
- Make sure “Workshops” is highlighted in orange at the top.
- Click the green “Book” button to the right of the date you’d like to attend.
- Confirm your details and click next.
- You can add another booking, or check out.
- When you get to the checkout page, the price will be reflected as $0
- Scroll down to agree to the terms and conditions and then click “Confirm Booking.”
- You will receive a confirmation email.
How do I know which workshops are available in person and which are online only?
Check out our handy dandy color-coded calendar to see which workshops are in person only, virtual only, or hybrid (both options are available) in the current month.
For specialty workshops and special events: If the workshop name includes “Virtual Only,” it’s only available online. If the workshop name includes “at TVAS” or “at Monster” it’s only available in person. Otherwise, both options are available and you’ll make your selection during the booking process.
For ongoing workshops: You can find which ones are hybrid and which are virtual only by checking out our color-coded calendar.
For all hybrid and virtual only workshops, the Zoom details will be included in your booking confirmation (even if you’ve opted to attend in person).
What is the difference between Ongoing and Specialty workshops?
Specialty workshops, or “focused learning,” are booked as individual workshops that focus on specific areas of your voice over journey. Choose workshops that align with your interests and goals!
Our Ongoing workshops are your “Weekly Mic Work!” The best way to develop your voice over chops is by doing it frequently and consistently! Think of ongoings as your continued general ed! Our Ongoing Voiceover Workshops are weekly, with the primary focus being performance. To master any craft, ongoing training and professional feedback is crucial. Repetitio Est Mater Studiorum” (Repetition is the Mother of Learning).