Auditioning for Animation Virtual Only
Beyond Silly Voices
The Undeniable Animation Read with special guest Mike Wingert
Date: Thursday, October 8th, 6:30-9:30pm | Cost: $129Are your character reads mired in mediocrity? Have you taken an animation class, but still feel like cartoon or video game voice over is a strange and foreign skill?
Professional voice actor, director and coach, Mick Wingert (Kung Fu Panda, Marvel Avengers Assemble) spends the evening working with participants on what really makes a character-driven performance for animation and video games an “undeniable” read. Lift your character auditions from the heap of “lost in the shuffle” through making better acting choices and using better technique.
This educational event will cover:
• Adding blocking to a scene through vocal performance
• How to get more bang for the buck from the dialogue
• Using the microphone as your scene partner
• Things the pros do instinctually that nobody teaches
• The dirty little secrets of animation writing and how to exploit them.
• Treating your auditions like job applications
• There’s no such thing as voice over – how to master voice acting
• Taking appropriate risks in your auditions – letting your freak flag fly
• Which auditions should you concentrate on – knowing what you can cover
• When and how to use improv in your submissions and making the most of your funny
Mick Wingert is a Los Angeles-based voice actor with dozens of credits in television, film, commercials and video games. You may recognize his work as “Po” the titular panda in the Kung Fu Panda franchise, or Tony Stark in several Marvel animated offerings of the past few years, but these are just the tip of the iceberg for this California native. He can also be heard in Feature films, television narration and AAAA Video Games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan and more. Mick is also an active teacher and coach in the voice acting community, having become one of the go-to recommends by agents, casting directors and industry professionals.